Dating can feel like a roller coaster — one minute you’re up and feeling sky high, and the next you’re getting whiplash from a twist and turn you never expected. This week, Lisa talks about the emotions that often come with dating. She discusses the common feelings that come up when you’re triggered, what happens when you deny emotions, and why it’s okay to give yourself permission to feel. What you resist persists! So feel those emotions and let them pass.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
- When you deny your emotions, they build up inside and your energy stays stuck.
- It’s okay to cry it out, scream into a pillow, etc! When you feel the emotions, they process through you more quickly and you can free up energy.
- When you’re triggered, you are no longer in the present moment. You abandon yourself and who you really are.
- It’s okay to have moments where you feel helpless and hopeless. It’s important to have support, such as trusted friends and/or a coach.
- Allow yourself time to grow and heal. It’s a process and doesn’t have to be done overnight.
- A few tips for dealing with emotion: meditate, talk to your future self, write it out, and find a community of like-minded women who can support you.
Continue On Your Journey
- “Reach out to friends, especially friends who have what you want.”
- “You need to give yourself permission to feel lousy sometimes.”
- “If you push the emotions away and try to deny them, they are just going to build up and sabotage you.”
- “It’s okay to spend a night with Ben and Jerry’s. But there does come a time when you have to put your big girl panties on and keep going.”