In this episode, Lisa tackles a listener question regarding the paradox of criticism in relationships of why some men can be critical yet choose to stay. One reason is that criticism can be a form of manipulation or control, allowing the person to have power over their partner. However, it’s also possible that the person is offering constructive feedback to improve the relationship.
Lisa highlights the importance of effective communication in relationships and provides tips on how to talk to men in a way that promotes a safe and open dialogue. She also highlights the significance of positive feedback and how it can contribute to a healthy relationship, and she emphasizes the importance of setting boundaries and not tolerating disrespectful behavior from men. She also shares some examples of how she and Benjamin help each other positively, leading with kindness and thoughtfulness. Tune in to learn how to navigate the complexities of criticism in relationships and create a more fulfilling and positive dynamic.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
- What motivates people to stay in relationships? One thing is that the fear of being alone can cause some people to remain in a relationship, even if it’s not fulfilling.
- Others may not realize their negative or critical behavior hurts the relationship and may think they’re offering constructive criticism.
- Discover how to communicate with men in a way that promotes a safe and open dialogue.
- Lisa and Benjamin model positive feedback in their own communication with one another.
- Learning to give positive feedback is crucial for any healthy relationship.
- It’s essential to seek a partner who values kindness, thoughtfulness, and positivity.
- Remember to set boundaries and don’t tolerate disrespectful behavior from men.
Continue On Your Journey:
Lisa Shield | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | Book a Call With Lisa
Email the podcast at: email@example.com
- “Convenience is a big reason why people stay in relationships.” – Lisa
- “There’s a loving, kind, and considerate way to give someone feedback, and there is a very destructive, mean, and cutting way of giving feedback.” – Lisa
- “Do not let people abuse you, even if what they are saying is true.” – Lisa
- “In the same way that you clean up your house, we keep our relationship clean.” – Lisa