The right man will want to be your hero and will go to the ends of the earth to try and make you happy. Yet, in so many relationships we either consciously or unconsciously shame our partner. Why is that and are you doing it? This week, Lisa talks about how we can empower and uplift a man rather than tearing him down and having him feel as though he needs to walk on eggshells. She explains what physically happens in a man’s body when his woman brings up having “the talk” and how we can reframe our language to be supportive and empowering to ultimately get us more of the partnership we desire.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
- Why it’s so important that we act as a safe space for our man.
- Shaming our partner can run very deep and many times we don’t even know that we’re doing it. Have you normalized this behavior within yourself?
- Examples of what shaming your partner sounds or feels like.
- Feeling shame is a physical response that triggers our “fight” or “flight” reaction. When a woman says “we need to talk” he can’t logically communicate!
- Instead of focusing on what the relationship is lacking, focus on the positive and the RIGHT man will make it his mission to put in the work for an outcome you’ll love!
- Talking about the relationship won’t work 99% of the time, so what does?
- Have Lisa and Benjamin really never pointed out each other’s flaws or nitpick in almost two decades of marriage? Yes! And here’s why!
- If the man does not want to meet your needs, there may be someone out there better suited for you.
- Advice about dating a recently divorced man. Is it worth it?
Continue On Your Journey
- “A man who truly adores you wants to make you happy. He is listening for cues.” – Lisa
- “When a guy that is really into you, you don’t have to nag.” – Lisa