Welcome to Dating without Drama! We are so excited to welcome you here and have you as part of Lisa’s community. In the first episode, Lisa talks about whether or not there should be fireworks in a relationship, and why the ones with the biggest sparks in the beginning seem to crash and burn in the shortest amount of time. She discusses what we are usually really looking for when we are searching for the over the top feeling in love, and how a sustainable love is more like a seed planted in the ground, cared for and watered by both parties.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
- A few of the reasons why constantly searching for fireworks in love can be a problem.
- A powerful exercise to see how much your love interest is similar to your parent or parental figure.
- What are a few of the foundational qualities for relationships that don’t blow up and disappear?
- Lisa’s advice for couples and individuals looking to go to therapy.
- The 4 Horseman in a relationship that can lead to toxic feelings and behavior, and the warning signs to look out for.
- If chemistry is not a conscious thing, how do we begin to create conscious love?
- What is the difference between limerence vs. true love?
Continue On Your Journey
- “If you are going to do the work, you need to go to therapy yourself.”
- “Love is something that grows. It’s like a seed that gets planted.”