One of the pitfalls of dating is that we have a particular type in mind. We believe this idealized person will be our knight in shining armor, and once we meet him, we will live happily ever after in our own version of a Disney movie. The problem is that being too picky and specific about what you’re looking for in a partner can prevent you from finding true love. This week, Lisa and Benjamin discuss the difference between being so picky that you eliminate some wonderful love matches and discerning enough to know what is essential to your happiness. They explain how a Guardian of Your Soul is a partner who sees all you are and helps you grow in unimaginable ways so you become more than you ever dreamed you could be.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
- Lisa and Benjamin discuss core values and how they are similar and different to preferences.
- When you find the Guardian Of Your Soul, it will be a relationship where you help each other grow and become the best version of yourself.
- Lisa and Benjamin talk about how the Emotionally Naked Dating Program helps many women clarify what they want and narrow it down in the Final Five.
- A listener questions how we can talk to our partners about their appearance lovingly and positively.
- Why sparks aren’t always the best sign of a long lasting relationship.
- Examples of clients who have opened up their mind and ended up with wonderful men.
- Remember: the goal in relationships isn’t about compromising or settling but how you can make each other’s lives bigger.
- How many of us have unreasonable expectations that things will happen instantly in romantic relationships.
- The importance of self-improvement in relationships.
- The biggest obstacles of internet dating and a few of Benjamin and Lisa’s favorite sites to find great men.
- Advice for the serial daters that seem to find something wrong with everyone.
Continue On Your Journey:
Email the podcast at: firstname.lastname@example.org