It’s a Wednesday night, and suddenly the guy you’ve been hoping to hear from texts you to ask if you’re free to go on a date that weekend. You have no plans yet, but according to “the rules”, your answer should be a NO. This week, Lisa and Benjamin break down the biggest dating myths and lies, including a handbook called The Rules used for decades as a guide for catching a man. They break down why rules are just roadblocks to fun, who should text after a first date, and much more!
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
- The Rules was a classic dating guide for many years, but what harm has it caused and how has it actually held you back from finding The Guardian of Your Soul?
- There is a lot of hypocrisy out there in the dating world, so make sure you take advice from a trusted source who is in a stable, loving relationship.
- The Rules may show you how to get into a relationship by playing games and using manipulation techniques, but not how to stay in one.
- The kind of love people are longing for is in the heart, not in games or strategies.
- While the rules may be to ignore a man’s text or rarely return them, Benjamin explains why that may be the last thing you want to do.
Continue On Your Journey
Email the podcast at: DWDpod@lisashield.com
- “The rules to follow are the rules of the human heart.” – Benjamin
- “You’ve got to do the work on yourself so you can be a true partner to a man.” – Lisa
- “Rules that extend into relationships are roadblocks to fun.” – Benjamin
- “Rules seem like a closed fist. Living life from your core values, spontaneity and humor, are like an open hand. – Benjamin