Getting rejected never feels good but it’s how you grow, get empowered, and find The Guardian of Your Soul! This week Lisa and Benjamin talk about why rejection hurts so much and how you can not only recover from it but reframe it in a way that will work in your favor. They discuss how not to become a victim after being rejected, how you can lead with love and grace as you reject others, and why you need to let ghosters move on to haunt somewhere else, instead of chasing after them! Need some extra encouragement? Lisa shares how she faced rejection and dealt it out, while going on 96 first dates before she met the love of her life and how she realized that getting turned down is just like the nature of a bridge… Shaky. –But always worth the walk across.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode:
- Rejection is never about us, even if it feels very personal.
- You’ve been rejected – now what? How to take the high road, even if someone else has gone low.
- The amount of rejection we feel is in direct proportion to the amount of power we give others and external circumstances to affect our self worth.
- Why does rejection hurt so hard and open up so many wounds?
- Yes, rejection does hurt and there is no way around it! Accept it, feel the feelings, and move on with grace and self love.
- Lisa shares a story of seeing rejection as the “nature of the bridge”. It’s going to shake but if you want to get across, you have to move forward.
- Rejection is a healthy part of growth, personal evolution, and self actualization.
- Learn from themanwho purposefully got rejected for more than 100 days in a row.
- Did Lisa get rejected on the 96 first dates she went on before meeting Benjamin? You bet! If she can do it, so can you!
- No ghosting, here! How to reject another person with grace and empathy.
- You don’t want to be with a person that ghosts! Let them go!
Continue On Your Journey
Lisa Shield | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | Book a Call With Lisa
- When someone rejects you, even if they make it about you, it’s about them” – Lisa
- “You can’t run away from rejection.” – Lisa
- “Every day is a stepping stone to love.” – Benjamin
- “Facing rejection is an intrinsic part of us learning to love ourselves.” – Lisa
- “You don’t grow when you don’t face things.” – Lisa
- “It’s always your next move.” – Napoleon Hill